Supporting pupil attainment through outstanding teaching
Great teaching inspires pupils to reach their potential. That is why at NPW we place so much emphasis on improving teaching capabilities and capacity across educational settings.
How we can support you:
- ActivInspire for teachers
- ActivInspire with a specific focus - Literacy or Numeracy
- MLE Facilitator’s workshops
- MLE development and / or use for staff, governors, parents and pupils
- Supporting and developing the roles and responsibilities of the computing subject leader
- Online Safety for teachers, staff, governors, parents and pupils
- Subject specific courses e.g. coding and programming, Scratch, animation, blogging
- Software or technology specific sessions e.g. Clicker 6, green screen, use of iPads
We provide bespoke twilight sessions, support for staff meetings and INSET days for schools, either in our training suite at Francis House or at your school.
We equip school staff with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to implement the new Computing Programme of Study.
The Primary Computing Curriculum Team runs a comprehensive series of courses to reflect changes to the National Curriculum and to enhance learning and teaching throughout the curriculum. We work closely with schools’ computing subject leaders, keeping them up to date with local and national developments.
We’ve developed an extensive Scheme of Work for Key Stage 1 and 2 – giving guidance on all skills pupils should attain year by year, including lesson plans, teaching resources and assessment materials.