Covering all your technical support requirements
Our highly experienced technical services team will cover all your technical support needs, offering a service tailored to your school’s exact requirements.
School Based Technicians
Our School Based Technician Service works in partnership with your school, providing regular ICT support and pro-actively developing ICT use. We have been providing this service to our clients for 20 years.
Coming highly recommended by London Local Authorities, our School Based Technicians are supported by our Central Technician Team and work in partnership with RM Education.
Timely access to support and advice is vital – teachers can log incidents via a helpdesk with School Based Technicians providing regular status updates via email. A full overview of incidents is available for your school’s senior leadership team and subject leaders.
ICT Learning and Resources Managers
Our ICT Learning and Resources Managers offer a unique service to schools, ensuring the smooth running of ICT systems, services and resources.
We support teachers in lesson planning and assist in lesson delivery by managing all technical aspects of ICT use for teaching and learning.
Central Technical Team
Our centrally based Technical Team provides hardware and software installation and upgrades, software commissioning and all aspects of support to network administration.
Details of technical services and contracts we offer
Hardware Maintenance Contract
- Repairs to core ICT hardware equipment outside of the manufacturer’s warranty
- Available on an optional buy-in basis – the cost is based on the size of the establishment and is paid annually to NPW in advance
- Once the annual subscription is paid, each establishment only pays the spare parts costs minus a £30 discount on each repair
- Annual subscription includes the cost of NPW re-tendering, managing and monitoring the contract
- RM Education provides a dedicated helpdesk, ensuring the most efficient support
Software Licence Management
Schools are responsible for ensuring they obtain all necessary copyright licences to cover their activities, so we provide access to the Guide to Copyright Licensing in Schools that has the information you need.
- We also offer guidance on copyright with regards to MLE, and provide links to further copyright information from the LGfL
Wifi Maintenance Contract
A NPW Wifi Maintenance Contract provides rapid-response repairs, covering:
- Replacement of any faulty wireless access points and remedial repairs within strict service level timescales
- A free survey and no-obligation quote for any new wireless installations your school may require
- A dedicated helpdesk for timely and efficient support
- The current Service Provider is PTC Systems. The Contract is tendered, managed and monitored by NPW on behalf of schools
- Available for schools on the LGfL network, NPW can provide you with a VOIP system throughout your school
- Our VOIP Support Consultants will support your school in designing a system that works to your needs
- Our Technical Support Staff will install the system, working alongside your School Based Technician
- Once installed we’ll train staff in configuring the system, providing support for set-up and ongoing changes