Managing fire risk and training at your school
Responding to requests, NPW provides support with completing and reviewing fire risk assessments together with appropriate training. Working in partnership with the school, this area of service ensures compliance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and removes the initial administrative burden as well as that of subsequent reviews.
Full assessment, advice and review to manage fire risk
The service comprises:
- Carrying out an annual scheduled fire risk assessment on your premises on an agreed date.
- Providing a yearly review of the fire risk assessment until the end of the Agreement, including a monitoring visit and review to make changes and prepare a plan in line with the Regulations.
- Liaising with the School Health and Safety Coordinator, Premises Manager/Site Supervisor for onsite training on fire-related issues.
- Providing support on fire management issues relating to working practices and required changes
- Providing a written fire risk assessment report, including photographic evidence and producing a written report detailing an action plan.
- Discussing findings and solutions before final report.
- Providing advice and guidance on day-to-day fire-related school or college issues for pupils and staff.
- Liaising with LFEPA (London Fire Brigade) Fire Safety Officers as required.
- Fire Warden Training (theory and short practical) and other bespoke training can be arranged to take place at your school (this will incur additional cost).
- Additional visits provided if required (this may incur additional cost).