Putting pupil and school heath, safety and welfare first
A new service that provides a “health check” to ensure that schools are adhering to health, safety, safeguarding, curriculum and other statutory school requirements. This can b
e carried out at short notice in advance of local authority, Ofsted or HMI visits.
The features of the health, safety and welfare inspection service:
- an annual visit to schools on an agreed date.
- visits carried out at short notice in advance of Local Authority, Ofsted, HMI or other relevant audits.
- liaison with the school health and safety co-ordinator regarding the relevant audit documentation required for the audit and providing assistance and support in ensuring that these are evident.
- checking the health and safety folders, including statutory procedures which must be in place.
- checks to ensure compliance that all curriculum areas are covered with relevant policies, procedures and risk assessments.
- provide documentation, advice, support and assistance on a wide range of health and safety topics and school management challenges.
- a written report provided to show areas to rectify in preparation for any future audits and to comply with statutory requirements.