Putting pupil and school heath, safety and welfare first
A new service that provides a “health check” to ensure that schools are adhering to health, safety, safeguarding, curriculum and other statutory school requirements. This can be carried out at short notice in advance of local authority, Ofsted or HMI visits.
The features of the health, safety and welfare inspection service:
- an annual visit to schools on an agreed date.
- visits carried out at short notice in advance of Local Authority, Ofsted, HMI or other relevant audits.
- liaison with the school health and safety co-ordinator regarding the relevant audit documentation required for the audit and providing assistance and support in ensuring that these are evident.
- checking the health and safety folders, including statutory procedures which must be in place.
- checks to ensure compliance that all curriculum areas are covered with relevant policies, procedures and risk assessments.
- provide documentation, advice, support and assistance on a wide range of health and safety topics and school management challenges.
- a written report provided to show areas to rectify in preparation for any future audits and to comply with statutory requirements.